Vegan Italian Caponata with Dates
for 6 servings
- Cut the dates open and remove the pits (if necessary). Cut them into small cubes.
- Put the cubed eggplant in a medium sized bowl and mix it with lots of salt and pepper.
- Heat up the olive oil and add the cubbed eggplant (Don't worry about the water in the bottom of the bowl of eggplants, just don't add it to the pan).
- Pat the eggplant into one layer and cook without stirring (for about two minutes).
- Once the bottom of the eggplant cubes is brown, use a spatula to turn them over together. Cook for two more minutes.
- Add oil when necessary and cook until the eggplant cubes are brown all over. Stir as little as possible.
- Remove the eggplant from the pan and set it aside (on a paper towel to absorb excess oil).
- Reduce the heat, add the onion to the pan and cook until translucent but not yet golden.
- Add the red pepper, garlic and chopped dates and cook until soft and fragrant (about 2 min.).
This recipe is made with
Organic Cocoa Powder
What do our customers say?